Why Do I Need an Employment Lawyer Who Specializes in Workplace Harassment?
Anyone can file a harassment complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), whether or not they retain a lawyer. However, an employment attorney can be your advocate during what can be a stressful, and at times even disheartening, process. Cueto Law can help you properly document and file your complaint, pursue remedies while the EEOC reviews your claim, represent you throughout the settlement process, and if your trial does go to civil court, litigate for you in the courtroom.
We understand the trauma workplace harassment inflicts on victims. Our goal is to help you pursue a number of legal remedies to get both your career and personal life back on track, including:
- Reinstatement of your current role, promotion to the position you deserve or reassignment to a different department at the same or higher pay rate
- Compensatory damages to cover, for example, costs involved with a new job search or medical expenses to assist with mental anguish caused by the harassment
- Punitive damages for particularly harmful behavior
- Back pay and lost wages from unlawful dismissal, including benefits, bonuses and PTO
- Reasonable accommodations for employees who have been unlawfully terminated or demoted because of a disability
Don’t let another’s harassment or bullying stop you from doing the job you love. Contact the employment and harassment attorneys of Cueto Law at 618-277-1554. We’re licensed in both Illinois and Missouri, and you won’t pay us anything until your employer pays for their mistake.